Saturday, December 19, 2009

Once upon a time there was a blog...

Wow, long time no post... Loads of music experiences, movies and books later and the blog has been on hiatus. Maybe because there is nothing to procrastinate from. The most recent happenings would however be the Mew concert in Oslo a couple of weeks ago which was awesome times three. We had gallery seats which wasn't ideal, but I can pick out Jonas Bjerre from a mile away even without glasses so I couldn't be happier. They started out with the good classics at which point I might have shed a tear sadly enough, and went over to some new tunes. In all the played 6 new songs which is ok, since I still haven't gotten used to the "new" sound. Mew will be performing in Trondheim on february 12th and tickets have already been acquired :D

On monday I'm gonna see Avatar which I'm very much looking forward too. The trailer isn't too convincing in my opinion although I do get the obligatory nerdy chills when I see blue sci-fi creatures running around. It's James Cameron so I'm putting all my faith into that. The man hasn't made anything in a looong while so this better be good! Norwegian critics seem to be positive to the movie giving it 4s and 5s (out of 6).

Is there anything else worth mentioning? Hmm.. no new tv-shows that I like. True blood was a huge disappointment. The series has potential, but it insists on being this emo retarded thing with no deeper meaning than being about vampires. Yeah, it's in the south, yeah it's about vampire racism, but they don't play this further into the current sociopolitical state. It could easily have been paralleled with gay-lesbian rights and the prejudice against Arabs post 9/11, but they insist on sticking to the emo crap when they come close to anything even resembling some criticism of today's society. The intro is seriously the best thing about the damn show.

Well, I shall lay my head to sleep and dream of blue night elven looking creatures. Yes, very sad indeed that I dream of blue elves instead of.. well.. anything other than that would be acceptable.

No comments: