Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Juno

At the time when I saw Juno I hadn't heard much about it other than it being from the director Jason Reitman, known from Thank you for smoking which was a great movie so I had hopes for something good. About 5 minutes into the movie I knew this was going to be way better than I had expected. The dialogue is like no other and the characters are refreshingly weird. Ellen Page does an amasing role as Juno. The story itself isn't anything new, but how it's done and particulary the characters and the dialogue makes it unique. The movie is about the high school student Juno which becomes pregnant and decides to put her baby up for adoption to a couple who has difficulty conceiving a kid on their own. As mentioned before, this is not a new consept for a movie, but don't be fooled by the simple and ordinary storyline. It deserves it's spot on the imdb list for top 250 movies with a rating of 8.1.
Trailer here

No comments: