Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Mamma Mia

So I wasn't going to write about Mamma Mia here cause I don't find it worty words, but I'm bored so why not. Well, it wasn't great. Not sure what i expected, thought it was going to be a shallow summer movie, but it was even worse. It was a shallow summer movie with horrible acting, bad directing and just an orgie in bad choreography and ABBA songs. Now, I've never been a fan of musicals on film, but I did enjoy Sweeney Todd. I think the main consern about Mamma Mia is that they basically filmed a theatrical version. Never did it feel like a movie. There were long scenes, overdramatic gestures and stereotypical dance moves. I guess this is something that works in the theatre, but in a movie it becomes way too much. Last but not least, NO ONE is that happy all the time! Freakin annoying! It's got a 7.8 (!?!) on imbd, but you should definitely check out the score breakdown as it's not very balanced between sex and age. Go see it in the theatres or wait for a real movie, this one is not worth it.
Trailer here

No comments: